TruConnect is a mobile and wireless internet service company that gives low-income households free phone and wireless internet services through the FCC’s Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP).
Keeping their AWS environment lean in preparation of uncertain market conditions
- As the VP of IT for TruConnect, one of Juan Aguirre’s responsibilities includes managing the company’s cloud infrastructure and AWS environments. With uncertain market conditions, rising prices, and inflation, Juan strives to improve TruConnect’s IT services while also keeping costs as lean as possible, without sacrificing stability and growth potential.
- To achieve these goals, TruConnect decided to completely review the company’s AWS architecture and multiple environments, the first of which was built all the way back in 2016.
- TruConnect needed a partner to perform a Well-Architected Framework Review (WAFR). This top-down review performed by AWS-approved experts would help them optimize their environment, cut unnecessary costs, and improve overall performance.
- And the best part? The WAFR is entirely reimbursed by Amazon, so the review would cost TruConnect nothing—and potentially save them thousands of dollars in unnecessary costs.
AWS-certified professionals to review and optimize their environment
- Cloudnexa’s Amazon-certified specialists leveraged AWS funding to perform a comprehensive
review of TruConnect’s account, starting with their oldest environment.
- They looked at every single layer of TruConnect’s AWS footprint and built a roadmap to optimize
their environment, including recommendations for security, cost-efficiency, and workload
optimizations, as well as recommendations for headless services.
- The cost optimizations that Cloudnexa suggested were certainly valuable, but Juan and his
team especially appreciated the review’s focused on performance optimization, speed, and
- Cloudnexa helped TruConnect cut costs. But most importantly, they helped TruConnect reshape
its AWS environment to be better positioned for growth and future opportunities.
$84,000 in annual savings opportunities uncovered within two weeks
- Within the first two months after their Well-Architected Framework Review, TruConnect saw a cost savings of $7,000/month.
- They’ve since ramped up their AWS use and increased their costs, but Cloudnexa’s WAFR allowed them to do so efficiently, prioritizing business value and long-term growth opportunities. TruConnect’s AWS environment is lean and ready for any market uncertainty in the near future.
- Cloudnexa’s review also opened up other ideas for services that could benefit TruConnect in the long run. The review opened up previously unexplored opportunities for the company, including using SageMaker and increasing its headless services.
- Now that TruConnect’s seen what Cloudnexa can do, they’re excited to use their services to optimize their remaining seven AWS environments as well.
About Cloudnexa and AWS
Cloudnexa represents limitless potential with the power to transform small businesses into industry leaders and scale global organizations into agile innovators. At Cloudnexa, we help you harness that potential and leverage it to achieve any goal you can imagine. We engineer solutions for success on your terms.
To learn more about how AWS and Cloudnexa can help your business, visit www.cloudnexa.com
Latest Case Studies
The Bernard Group is a visual merchandising company that works with retail giants like Adidas, Patagonia, and Sephora. Over the last twenty years, The Bernard Group has proven its ability to consistently execute on complex ideas at the very highest levels, from design all the way to manufacturing.
Associa is the world’s leading community management service company, serving neighborhoods, HOAs, and management teams across the United States.
M Booth is a creative communications agency in New York City and San Francisco that was named ‘Global Agency of the Decade’ by PRovoke.