Whether companies were ready or not, most of them experienced a dramatic digital transformation during the COVID-19 pandemic. Workplaces shifted overnight and continue to be in flux. Companies are still scrambling to determine how best to help their employees be productive and successful, while ensuring data security.
One of the ways you can enable and mobilize your workforce is to move to Amazon WorkSpaces. Amazon WorkSpaces provide secure, reliable, and scalable access to persistent desktops from any location. Leveraging Amazon WorkSpaces helps normalize work environments and secure access points no matter where employees are working each day—the office, home, or a hybrid model.
In most work environments, if an individual machine fails, it creates big business impacts such as lost revenue or customer service issues. Through Amazon WorkSpaces, there is no impact as employees can simply access Amazon WorkSpaces on another machine. Amazon WorkSpaces mitigate risks because your local device is only the gateway to AWS. Everything on Amazon WorkSpaces is secured and remains in a suspended state until you are able to login again.
Moving to Amazon WorkSpaces has many benefits including the following:
Amazon WorkSpaces empowers your workforce, strengthens security, optimizes costs, and reduces downtime.
- Empower your remote workforce and react quickly to changing conditions with access to applications and desktops from anywhere.
- Strengthen security by storing user data on AWS instead of vulnerable endpoint devices.
- Optimize costs with on-demand, pay-as-you-go scaling with a range of compute, memory, and storage options.
- Reduce downtime with fully managed application delivery and highly reliable AWS infrastructure designed for 99.9% uptime.
Sounds interesting, but you’re not sure how to apply it? Here are few example use cases:
- Onboard contingent workers: Easily assign and remove desktops for contractors while keeping your sensitive data secure in the cloud.
- Facilitate remote work: Enable work-from-home and remote workers to access fully functional Windows and Linux desktops from any location.
- Run powerful desktops: Provide high-performance desktops for developers and engineers to store and access proprietary models, designs, and code.
- Let contact center agents work from anywhere: Enable contact center agents to work from anywhere with a secure, easy-to-use agent experience.
How it Works
Amazon WorkSpaces is a fully managed desktop virtualization service for Windows and Linux that enables you to access resources from any supported device.
Secure your workforce’s future by moving to Amazon WorkSpaces today. Get started by contacting us.