About One Medical Passport
One Medical Passport’s solutions help ASCs with booking, pre-admission, pre- and post-op patient engagement, real-time patient tracking, and more. User-friendly workflows enable healthcare professionals to easily increase efficiencies, lower costs, and enhance the patient experience.
- Eric Akstin, Co-Founder and CTO of One Medical Passport understood the benefits of cloud computing. Managed relational databases would scale better than IaaS database platforms, dramatically reducing hardware and database management overhead as the company continued to grow. But timing the migration was a challenge. Patients and Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs) rely on One Medical Passport daily. Suspending normal operations for days or weeks to facilitate a migration would disrupt life for millions and it would hurt revenue for One Medical Passport. The migration had to be completed quickly—within one weekend. But to do it internally, Eric would need to hire a network ops team. Hiring and training new bodies to facilitate the move would cost the company hundreds of thousands of dollars annually.
Seamless cloud migration + ongoing optimization
Cloudnexa is among the original AWS Partners and today it’s an AWS Premier Partner. This gave Eric the confidence that Cloudnexa had the industry-leading tools and support to capitalize on the cloud’s capabilities.
Cloudnexa efficiently helped Eric and his team at One Medical Passport migrate and modernize their Windows environment, resulting in…
- Heightened data security – Using Amazon EBS encryption to encrypt data volumes, boot volumes, and snapshots. Application Load Balancers (ALBs) integrated with AWS Web Application Firewalls also help make individual workloads more secure.
- Centralized authentication – Leveraging AWS Certificate Manager to secure and protect certificate private keys using strong encryption and key management best practices.
- Streamlined log-ins – Integrating with AWS Managed Microsoft AD enables single signon (SSO) to RDS for SQL Server for their on-premises AD users via Integrated Windows Authentication.
- Increased workload visibility – Leveraging AWS CloudWatch, CloudWatch Logs, SNS, Lambda, VPC Flow Logs, and CloudTrail helps consolidate logging and notifications.
- Scalable services – Decoupling DNS and switching to AWS Route 53 for public DNS hosting integrated with AWS Resolver connects user requests to infrastructure allowing for more scalability.
74% cost savings vs. in-house migration
With Cloudnexa’s help, One Medical Passport successfully modernized its environment, reduced administrative overhead, increased overall security posture, and gained heightened visibility into workloads. By Eric’s estimation, the move has already helped One Medical Passport increase revenue by more than 30%.
The migration to Amazon RDS was completed in a single weekend. The process was smooth and seamless, and Eric was impressed by the around-the-clock support he received from Cloudnexa.
Replatforming to Amazon RDS enabled One Medical Passport to immediately start offloading time-consuming tasks, such as provisioning, backups, software patching, monitoring, and hardware scaling. By also integrating with AWS Managed Microsoft AD, Eric is able to maintain administrative autonomy while reinforcing HIPAA compliance.
Enhanced cloud computing has enabled One Medical Passport to expand its communication capabilities—to the delight of customers. Now One Medical Passport can communicate within the platform safely and securely while ensuring adherence to compliance requirements.
About Cloudnexa and AWS
Cloudnexa represents limitless potential with the power to transform small businesses into industry leaders and scale global organizations into agile innovators. At Cloudnexa, we help you harness that potential and leverage it to achieve any goal you can imagine. We engineer solutions for success on your terms.
To learn more about how AWS and Cloudnexa can help your business, visit www.cloudnexa.com
Latest Case Studies
With Cloudnexa’s help, Knightscope achieved their U.S. Federal Government FedRAMP “In- Process” rating, joining 83 other companies that are actively working towards their agency authorizations for 2022.
With a Well-Architected Framework Review (WAFR) Cloudnexa was able to identify risks and help Avolio generate specific action items to optimize workloads and uncover opportunities as they scale.
Thanks to Cloudnexa’s security recommendations, Coriell Life Sciences passed their HITRUST certification with flying colors.