About Blue Bin
BlueBin’s mission is to dramatically improve healthcare. The BlueBin solution fuses cutting edge technology with lean methodologies and principles to provide an operating system capable of managing all of the medical supplies, in all areas of the hospital or other healthcare environment.
The BlueBin Kanban Solution is a visual replenishment system that helps ensure supplies are delivered to the right place, in the right quantity, at the right time. This process provides immediate, tangible and measurable advances in lean growth, removing ambiguities and overcompensation of supply systems.
- The existing workload was deployed 5 years prior and the management team was concerned that essential best practices related to security, reliability, and daily operations were not inplace
- SQL Server versions running on EC2 instances were already End Of Life
- AWS Managed Services that could lower administrative overhead were provisioned and tested, but there was no clear path for migrating production workloads.
- BlueBin needed to provide secure access to numerous partners and hospitals while ensuring the security and integrity for sensitive data.
- To first identify any gaps in security, performance, or reliability, Cloudnexa performed an exhaustive Well Architected Review where areas of improvement were identified for all AWS services in use or recommended.
- VPC’s were built with network layers to accommodate different reachability requirements and allow for more granular control of traffic using a Defense in Depth approach.
- Windows Workloads were replatformed using AWS managed services like Amazon FSx for Windows File Server, AWS Managed Microsoft AD, and Amazon RDS for SQL Server.
- CloudEndure DR for Microsoft SQL Server was used for SQL Server databases that could only be rehosted due to licensing restrictions.
- Trend Micro Cloud One was used to provide Intrusion Prevention, AntiMalware, Integrity
- Operational Efficiencies – Using fully managed AWS services to host Windows Workloads allowed for the rapid deployment and testing of scalable, durable, highly-available infrastructure.
- Improved Governance – The AWS Backup Service allows for centralized backup lifecycle management of Compute, Database, and File Server resources
- Optimization – Cost were reduced on Development EC2 and RDS resources by using the AWS Solution Implementation for AWS Instance Scheduler.
About Cloudnexa and AWS
Cloudnexa represents limitless potential with the power to transform small businesses into industry leaders and scale global organizations into agile innovators. At Cloudnexa, we help you harness that potential and leverage it to achieve any goal you can imagine. We engineer solutions for success on your terms.
Use Amazon Web Services to run your Microsoft based Business Applications and enjoy access to an agile environment that can help reduce your TCO.
To learn more about how AWS and Cloudnexa can help your business, visit www.cloudnexa.com
Latest Case Studies
With Cloudnexa’s help, Knightscope achieved their U.S. Federal Government FedRAMP “In- Process” rating, joining 83 other companies that are actively working towards their agency authorizations for 2022.
With a Well-Architected Framework Review (WAFR) Cloudnexa was able to identify risks and help Avolio generate specific action items to optimize workloads and uncover opportunities as they scale.
Thanks to Cloudnexa’s security recommendations, Coriell Life Sciences passed their HITRUST certification with flying colors.