The easier and more cost-effective solution was to partner with an AWS Premier Partner to help deploy, secure, and automate their cloud services.
Cloudnexa was the perfect fit.
“If we hadn’t completed the migration over a weekend, it would have brought our business to a halt. It also would have greatly impacted the surgery centers that depend on our services to function. As a result, surgeries would need to be rescheduled and our customers would have suffered lost revenue.”
Seamless cloud migration + ongoing optimization
Cloudnexa is among the original AWS Partners and today it’s an AWS Premier Partner. This gave Eric the confidence that Cloudnexa had the industry-leading tools and support to capitalize on the cloud’s capabilities.
Cloudnexa efficiently helped Eric and his team at One Medical Passport migrate and modernize their Windows environment, resulting in…
- Heightened data security – Using Amazon EBS encryption to encrypt data volumes, boot volumes, and snapshots. Application Load Balancers (ALBs) integrated with AWS Web Application Firewalls also help make individual workloads more secure.
- Centralized authentication – Leveraging AWS Certificate Manager to secure and protect certificate private keys using strong encryption and key management best practices.
- Streamlined log-ins – Integrating with AWS Managed Microsoft AD enables single signon (SSO) to RDS for SQL Server for their on-premises AD users via Integrated Windows Authentication.
- Increased workload visibility – Leveraging AWS CloudWatch, CloudWatch Logs, SNS, Lambda, VPC Flow Logs, and CloudTrail helps consolidate logging and notifications.
- Scalable services – Decoupling DNS and switching to AWS Route 53 for public DNS hosting integrated with AWS Resolver connects user requests to infrastructure allowing for more scalability.
74% cost savings vs. in-house migration
With Cloudnexa’s help, One Medical Passport successfully modernized its environment, reduced administrative overhead, increased overall security posture, and gained heightened visibility into workloads. By Eric’s estimation, the move has already helped One Medical Passport increase revenue by more than 30%.
The migration to Amazon RDS was completed in a single weekend. The process was smooth and seamless, and Eric was impressed by the around-the-clock support he received from Cloudnexa.
Replatforming to Amazon RDS enabled One Medical Passport to immediately start offloading time-consuming tasks, such as provisioning, backups, software patching, monitoring, and hardware scaling. By also integrating with AWS Managed Microsoft AD, Eric is able to maintain administrative autonomy while reinforcing HIPAA compliance.
Enhanced cloud computing has enabled One Medical Passport to expand its communication capabilities—to the delight of customers. Now One Medical Passport can communicate within the platform safely and securely while ensuring adherence to compliance requirements.
“With our communication platforms, we are now able to provide additional mediums of communication (video, text, calling) to patients. This resulted in an increase of revenue of 30%.”